Meet Kyoshi Bill Wakefield
Meet PainPod Ambassador, Kyoshi Bill Wakefield. For over 40 years, Kyoshi has been traveling and studying martial arts around the world. During this time, he has trained under some of the most renowned instructors in the arts of Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, Grappling and Weaponry.
Kyoshi is the proud owner of the Gold Coasts premiere facility, Combined Martial Arts Academy and has helped thousands of kids become their best, including training many state, national and world champions. Capitalising on these many years of hands-on experience, Kyoshi Bill has pioneered the introduction of specialist programs into Gold Coast schools and the community in general with:
- CMA Early Learning and Character Development Programs for 3-6 year olds
- Womens’ self-defence seminars, workshops and classes
- Anti-bullying programs in schools, as well as in his dojo in Nerang
- Safety Awareness campaigns
This has led to Kyoshi Bill being recognised as an individual striving to change people’s perceptions of the martial arts as he spreads the message that, if taught correctly and responsibly, martial arts has the potential to change people’s lives.
As a result of these many years of hard work and passion, Kyoshi Bill has been twice inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame and he was also honoured by being voted Australian Sportsman of the Year in 2003 and 2004. On top of those achievements, in 2015 he was recognised by The Hon. Steven Ciobo MP for his outstanding service for Women in Domestic Violence and was asked to be a baton holder for the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
Kyoshi's other achievements and training qualifications include:
- 7th Dan Black Belt Shotokan Karate Diploma of Sport (Development)
- 2nd Degree Black Belt Tae Kwon Do Diploma of Sports (Coaching)
- Black Belt in Arnis, Sick Fighting Level 5 ISKA Referee & Judge
- 1999 Karate Instructor of the Year
- 1999 Blitz Magazine Hall of Fame
- 2008 Australian SportsPerson of the Year
- 2008 Induction ISKA Martial Arts Hall of Fame
Continuing to work hard as an instructor, Kyoshi Bill has a PainPod at hand for those times when aches and pains strike, not only for himself but for his CMA members to utilise as well. Sporting a BodySystems Belt, Gloves, Knee Sleeves and Foot Pads in his PainPod kit, there's not a body part that misses out on the benefits!
Interested to know more about Kyoshi Bill Wakefield and Combined Martial Arts Academy?
- Website: https://www.c-m-a.com.au/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CombinedMartialArtsNerang
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/combinedmartialarts/